ACTIVITIES AND TASKS OF THE SERBIAN POLICE IN THE CONDITIONS OF THE EPIDEMIC OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES
Recent events related to the COVID-19 pandemic have indicated the need to pay as much attention as possible to the performance of security services. In the first outbreak of the epidemic, a state of emergency was introduced in the Republic of Serbia, which in certain circumstances simplified the work of police officers, but on the other hand, some measures and activities have become more complicated. The first thing that was very important was how to protect police officers from possible infection, without diminishing the effects of their actions. And secondly, how to reduce the need to use extended use of force s in dealing with citizens, which are enabled by declaring a state of emergency. For these reasons, police officers have a very delicate task to ensure the safe and uninterrupted activities of citizens.
2. Chung, E. Pearl, B. & Hunter L. (2020, April 14). Policing During the Coronavirus Pandemic. Criminal justice. Accessed on July 30, 2020. https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/criminal-justice/news/2020/04/14/483165/policing-coronavirus-pandemic/.
3. Đorđević, S. (2020). Policija u vreme vanrednog stanja. Beograd: Beogradski centar za bezbednosnu politiku.
4. Gonzales, A, Schofield, R. & Herraiz, D. (2006). The Role of Law Enforcement in Public Health Emergencies. Washington: U.S. Department of JusticeOffice of Justice Programs.
5. Jones, J. D. (2020). The Potential Impacts of Pandemic Policing on Police Legitimacy: Planning Past the COVID-19 Crisis. Policing, Volume 0, Number 0, 1–8.
6. Stogner, J., Lee Miller, B. & McLean, K. (2020). Police Stress, Mental Health, and Resiliency during the COVID-19 Pandemic. American Journal of Criminal Justice. 45, 718–730.
7. Stone, C. (2020, May 5). Policing a Pandemic: How Police Were, and Were Not, Prepared for COVID-19. Oxford. Accessed on July 29, 2020. https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/28736/policing-a-pandemic-how-police-were-and-were-not-prepared-for-covid-19.
8. Walton, R. & Falkner, S. (2020). Policing a pandemic: The challenges of maintaining law and order during the Coronavirus response. London: Policy Exchange.